The capital's iconic funicular officially put all paws forward permanently on December 1st 2021 to welcome our furry friends onboard with us.
The 'Bark and Ride' trial ran over the course of November 2021 and we saw 157 dogs travel between Lambton Quay and Kelburn. We are proud to have made the journey up the hill more accessible for our growing number of inner city residents who have four legged friends.
The proceeds from dog tickets during the 'Bark and Ride' trial were warmly donated to the SPCA who do amazing work for our furry companions.
Impawtant information to know before you and your furry friend travel with us
- Doggie ticket is $2 per dog
- 2 dogs per person and anyone handling a dog must be 16 years of age
- Service dogs take priority (and do not pay)
- Dogs must enter, exit and travel on the lower landing
- Dogs can travel at any time within our opening hours